2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
Looking for a new full-size pickup for hauling equipment to your Raleigh jobsite? Check out the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500! Outperforming competitors like the Ford F-150 with a maximum towing capacity of 13,400 pounds, the Silverado 1500 towing capacity can handle any tough job! Plus, the Silverado can be enhanced with towing features, like the towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado, to make your work tasks a little easier. Learn more about the Chevy Silverado towing capacity with Hendrick Chevrolet Buick GMC Southpoint, then be sure to check out our Silverado 1500 inventory!
Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity: Engine Options
Whether you’re towing a camper to Cary weekend trips or have more daily towing needs, the Chevy Silverado towing capacity can be enhanced, depending on which engine option you choose:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: As the base-level engine, this 4.3L V6 option generates 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque, reaching a maximum towing capacity of 7,000 pounds.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: Upgrade to the 2.7L Turbo engine and be rewarded with 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque. The Chevy Silverado towing capacity will reach 7,900 pounds with this powertrain.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: Moving up to the 5.3L V8 engine, the Silverado offers 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque, making for a towing capacity of 11,600 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: When fitted with the 6.2L V8 engine, the Silverado 1500 towing capacity reaches its maximum of 13,400 pounds on the RST trim, accompanied with 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: Interested in a diesel engine? The Turbo-Diesel Silverado 1500 engine allows for a 9,400-pound towing capacity, with 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
Silverado 1500 Towing Features
Since this pickup truck became first in its class by its towing reputation, the Chevy Silverado towing capacity can be enhanced with Silverado towing features. They include:
- Trailering Package: With the Trailering Package (standard across every trim level), your Silverado 1500 will be equipped with a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, an automatic locking rear differential, a 4-pin connector, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Upgrading to the Max Trailering Package, you’ll be aided by the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, upgraded rear springs, revised shock tuning, and more.
- Optional Towing Mirrors for Chevy Silverado: You can also upgrade your 1500 with towing mirrors for the Chevy Silverado, offering a wider view when you’re hauling a trailer through Chapel Hill.
Explore the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 With Hendrick Chevrolet Buick GMC Southpoint!
Now that you’ve discovered the power of the Silverado 1500 towing capacity, contact the finance team at Hendrick Chevrolet Buick GMC Southpoint and receive helpful car buying tips before you get behind the wheel! Apply online to see if you’re pre-qualified, and be sure to take advantage of our new vehicle specials!
More from Hendrick Chevrolet Buick GMC Southpoint
If you’re searching for an SUV that truly has it all (great gas mileage, a spacious interior, and an abundance of features for an affordable price), you can’t go wrong with the new 2021 Chevy Equinox! With its standard 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder engine and front-wheel drive, the 2021 Chevy Equinox gas mileage is an outstanding…
Searching for a tough new pickup truck that won’t let you down on Raleigh and Cary job sites? You’ll certainly want to check out the new GMC Sierra 1500 at Hendrick Chevrolet Buick GMC Southpoint! Properly equipped, the 2021 GMC Sierra towing capacity maxes out at 11,800 pounds. This is with the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and the…
The GMC Hummer EV is quietly making its way to off-road trails near Raleigh. After making its initial debut in October 2020, adventurists and thrill-seekers are racing to pre-order the new GMC Hummer all-electric supertruck, which is expected to be available for sale in the Fall of 2021. Offering output up to 1,000 hp and…