2021 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
Searching for a tough new pickup truck that won’t let you down on Raleigh and Cary job sites? You’ll certainly want to check out the new GMC Sierra 1500 at Hendrick Chevrolet Buick GMC Southpoint! Properly equipped, the 2021 GMC Sierra towing capacity maxes out at 11,800 pounds. This is with the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and the Max Trailering Package, but how much can the GMC Sierra tow without this equipment? Join us in the guide below to learn more!
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow with Other Configurations?
To reach the maximum GMC Sierra towing capacity of 11,800 pounds, you will need to choose a 4WD Crew Cab model with a 6.2L V8 engine and the Max Trailering Package. However, there are other configurations available that come with a lower towing capacity. Read up on towing details for the various configurations below to help determine the right GMC Sierra model for your needs:
11,800-Pound Towing Capacity
- Available on Sierra, SLE, SLT, and Elevation trims
- Achievable with a 4WD Crew Cab, 6.2L V8 engine, and the Max Trailering Package
9,200-Pound Towing Capacity
- Available on AT4 and Denali trims
- Achievable with a 4WD Crew Cab Short Bed AT4 or 2WD Denali Short Box and a 5.3L V8 engine
Learn More About GMC Sierra Towing Features
- Max Trailering Package: This advanced package helps you reach the maximum GMC Sierra towing capacity with a 9.76-inch rear axle and 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, enhanced cooling radiator, sturdier rear springs, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Industry-First Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: With Hitch View enabled, the Electronic Parking Brake automatically activates when you shift into Park to prevent your truck and trailer from rolling back.
- Trailering Camera Package: Reversing and changing lanes in Chapel Hill can be frightening with a trailer in tow, but this convenient package can help! You’ll get two side-view mirror cameras for greater visibility of your surroundings.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: Tow with confidence in any condition as this system automatically adjusts transmission shift points, throttle mapping, and StabiliTrak based on the drive mode you’re using.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: With this feature, you can control and monitor your trailer brakes by simply pressing a designated button on your center console.
Explore the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System
For the ultimate trailering experience, consider the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System. It utilizes various technology already in your truck, like the Rear Vision Camera, infotainment touchscreen, and infotainment apps aid you in the following ways:
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: Hitching a trailer has never been easier! This feature shows you a dynamic grid line with zoom capabilities to show you whether you’re on target while hitching.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Quickly and easily test your trailer lights before you take off – no helper required!
- In-vehicle trailering app and phone app: With these, you can program specific trailer brake settings, view a pre-departure checklist, enable Trailer Theft Detection, and more.
Test Drive a GMC Sierra 1500 at Hendrick Chevrolet Buick GMC Southpoint
Does the GMC Sierra towing capacity have what it takes to run your job site? Contact our team or pay us a visit in Durham to test drive the Sierra 1500 today! While you’re here, we can show you some GMC Sierra tire options that can take your truck’s capabilities even further.
Learn More at Hendrick Chevrolet Buick GMC Southpoint
If you’re searching for an SUV that truly has it all (great gas mileage, a spacious interior, and an abundance of features for an affordable price), you can’t go wrong with the new 2021 Chevy Equinox! With its standard 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder engine and front-wheel drive, the 2021 Chevy Equinox gas mileage is an outstanding…
Searching for a tough new pickup truck that won’t let you down on Raleigh and Cary job sites? You’ll certainly want to check out the new GMC Sierra 1500 at Hendrick Chevrolet Buick GMC Southpoint! Properly equipped, the 2021 GMC Sierra towing capacity maxes out at 11,800 pounds. This is with the available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and the…
The GMC Hummer EV is quietly making its way to off-road trails near Raleigh. After making its initial debut in October 2020, adventurists and thrill-seekers are racing to pre-order the new GMC Hummer all-electric supertruck, which is expected to be available for sale in the Fall of 2021. Offering output up to 1,000 hp and…